The price of a paid link is determined after negotiations and it depends on many factors:
traffic, audience demographics, website niche etc.
The price can be fixed for a specified duration or based on click count.
Use the Link Price Calculator for an estimation.
Google Ads is using click bidding system and pays after valid clicks.
An algorithm automatically displays the most optimal ad based on the bid amount and how suitable it is for the website visitor.
Advertisers have to find the suitable website and they'll have to make a deal with website owners.
Then they'll have to collect analytics and analize the results .
Advertisers register to Google Ads to set up a campaign with a certain budget.
It's recommended to ask help from a professional.
Adevertisers have to make sure that the audience of the websites where they place sponsored links is similar to their target audience.
Easy targeting based on demographics, interest, location and other conditions.
Google is tracking website visitors and the displayed ads are most of the time Relevant.
Links are beneficial for the advertiser's search engine ranking which brings organic traffic as well.
+ Publishers get full control on their websites.
+ Doesn't affect page performance.
+ AdBlockers can't detect it.
- Will have to keep contact with advertisers.
+ It can be hard to get approved to AdSense but once approved, it's comfortable to use it.
-Google is using scripts and cookies to track website visitors which slows down the page and has a negative effect on the user experience.
-The AdSense income is unpredictible, unstable and Google keeps almost half of the income.
-AdBlockers detect Google Ads which cause -30% damage to publishers.
Website admins will be happy to add sponsored links, and will give you a better deal than Google Ads.
You'll have to negotiate the price and track the results but it will have a good impact on your SEO.
Use Google ads if you have a specific budget for a specific target audience,
you don't care about improving organic traffic, and
you don't want to negotiate with other website owners.
• Don't waste your budget! Whichever option you pick, always plan your advertising campaign carefully!
• Build a high quality landing page designed for maximum conversion!
• Analize the results and adjust your strategy along the way.
• While negotiating with publishers remember that they prefer much more to use direct link advertising (see reasons above).
• It must add value to the website presenting an interesting topic and it can't scream that it's just an ad.
• At least 400 words long, unique content, not copied from another website.
• No copyrighted and watermarked images and other media.